“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.”
- How does the description of kings in the Ancient Near East differ from your personal experience with Jesus?
- Ray stated, “…If you believe God is only love, you’ll never grasp the full extent of His love…” Does God’s just nature play a role in your understanding of His love?
- Review the differences shared between religion and the Gospel. Where might you be practicing religion instead of living out the Gospel?
- There is a need for repentance in the moment someone decides to follow Jesus and accept salvation through His name. What role does repentance play following this? What role does repentance play in your day-to-day?
- Did today’s teaching change anything for you in how you respond to this passage?