“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.” – Luke 1:38
Read Luke 1:26-38
1. When you think of Mary “the mother of Jesus,” what comes to mind? How do you initially envision her and why?
2. After reading the account of Mary’s angelic encounter, is there anything about it you can relate to? Why or why not?
Read Luke 1:5-20
3. How is Zechariah’s angelic encounter like that of his niece Mary? How is it different?
4. Who’s reaction do you most resonate with and why?
5. What can you learn from Mary and Zechariah?