The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
- When you think of the mystery of suffering, what do you think about?
- How have you tried to deal with the question of why suffering exists?
- Did any of the six “arguments” for suffering resonate with you? If so, which one(s) and why?
- Have you ever felt God’s presence in the midst of your suffering? What has that experience been like?
- How does God show up in the midst of our suffering and pain?
- Is there anyone in your life that you can show up for in their season of pain and suffering?