“13 You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. 14 You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” -Matthew 5:13-16
- Do any of you have a story where you felt like it was Jesus—and not yourself—shining through you to minister to somebody?
- Who is God placing on your heart to intentionally shine His light toward?
- What might you do—from your end—to better prepare and be strategic in shining Jesus love onto this person?
- What are some potential pitfalls, pressures, or lies to avoid in this effort to shine Jesus’ light to others?
- Is there any purposeful “shining” that you as a group might be collectively led toward (a particular ministry action, prayer focus, financial contribution..etc)?