From weakness to strength. From innocence to knowledge & wisdom. Growth was a part of Jesus’ humanity and early life.
Engaging the Word
What stood out to you in the message? What did you relate to? What did you not understand? Any new insight you are taking away?
Read Luke 2:41-52
- Why do you think Jesus stayed behind in the temple?
- What was Jesus doing in the temple?
- Why do you think the people were so amazed by what the heard from Jesus in the temple?
Engaging the Heart
- This passage talks about Jesus humanity. How do you reconcile the idea that Jesus was both God and Human?
- Why is it a comfort to us to learn that Jesus was human in addition to being God?
- Jesus invites is to be like him. Not to become God but to become a son or daughter of God. What does that mean to you?
Engaging our World
As you close discuss with you group this idea of Jesus’ humanity. Discuss ways that this idea should impact our day to day lives. In other words, what would it look like for us to live in a way that would reflect Jesus’ humanity?
Close your time by praying together.