“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- What messages did you receive growing up about mental health in the church?
- Do you think the Bible has much to say about mental health? Why or why not?
- Peter Scazzero, author Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, writes, “It is impossible to be spiritually mature while remaining emotionally immature.” Do you agree with his statement?
- How does mental health affect our spiritual health?
- What role do you think Christians have in the mental health community?
- Read 2 Corinthians 1:3. How might caring for our mental health helps to live into the compassion God invites us to in this passage?