“But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.”
– Ruth 1:16-17
1. Have you heard the story of Ruth before?
2. What stuck out to you from Ruth’s story?
3. When you experience loss, do you run toward God or away from God?
4. Do you believe that God cares for you?
5. How do you express care for the outsider?
6. How do you see God working through everyday situations?
7. Do you expect God to work on a clock or a timeline?
8. How often do you reflect on and give thanks for God’s overwhelming kindness?